Friday, November 16, 2012

Sparkle and Fade


It's the time of year again. Everyone is plastering on a goofy smile and putting that extra pep in their step because Christmas is around the corner. But not for me, no sir. My humor is becoming a bit more snippy then usual. As sooner as October hits, I start to become very cynical and moody. I am told I need to be one of the shiny happy people around this time of year. I wouldn't say I turn into the Grinch (though my socks ARE too tight), maybe more like Statler and Waldorf with my sarcastic comments.

I know where this is going. You're thinking How could ANYONE not like Christmas? But sadly, it's true. I am not a fan. My reasoning is three fold:
1.) Although people tend to be happier around their friends during this season, they turn into spawns of Satan when they are out eating or shopping.
2.) I have a problem with repetition, and listening to the same damn songs and watching the same damn movies is highly irritating.
3.) Work gets busier, which eliminates my free time and also puts a damper on what free time I may have. This week I have worked 42 hours in 4 days . . . and for what? Big title releases and getting ready for the ultimate nightmare, Black Friday. Black...like my heart.

But however dark the cloud or bitter my mood, there is always a silver lining. For instance, I've been eating Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks, or as I like to refer to them "If Heaven Was a Pastry Cakes." Plus, the heat has finally died down and made way for the cold. I feel more in my element with a big hooded sweatshirt and jeans. But the best gift of all is this: the last Twilight movie. Even typing it brought a smile to my face.

This is it folks. This is the day we have been waiting for the last five years. After this movie, there won't be another one. We can go back to living our lives in peace and not have to hear about that bitch Kristen Stewart and her big haired boyfriend. No longer will estrogen soaked woman try to debate with me on how amazing this anti-feminist load of bullshit is an amazing work of art.
On a side note, if you are one of the "estrogen soaked woman" who try to debate with me about Twilight, thank you for putting down your 20 cats long enough to read this blog, I am sorry for your loss. I know losing these movies is like losing a child to you. Hey, I was down right depressed when Buffy ended. So in honor of you, I put together a memorium of Twilight, honoring all the things it has brought us and will be left behind.

IN MEMORY OF TWILIGHT

The Cullen. 
That weird hairstyle that so many people have tried to copy. I do admit that it is better then the mullet, or the dreaded Pauly D.

The Shirtless Boys.
No more will we have to see . . . wait a minute. What nationality are those guys? Native American? Hispanic? Pacific Islander? And why do they all dress the same? Is this some type of wolf gang we don't know about? These are questions we will never have answered. (sigh)

Stupid Names
Renesmee? Seriously? Apple Paltrow just sent you flowers because you've finally replaced her as the girl with the stupidest name. 

Kristen Stewart
I have seen some bad acting in my day, but this girl . . . wow. Ever notice how she is always holding her head? I am really starting to get concerned that she has a tumor. Maybe that's what's causing her acting to suffer.

The Weird Cover Photos
I really don't know what to say about these. No really. Ever time I look at the cover of one of these books, my mind goes numb. Now I know how a "deer in the headlights" feels. Twilight covers are my headlights. (Gigitty)

Vampire and Werewolf Segregation
Maybe now the two will exist in perfect harmony . . . like Ebony and Ivory.

Ashley Greene and Anna Kendrick
I can honestly say that my world is a better place now because you are in it. Go forth from this series with your head held high, knowing that you are what made it great.  

Keelan Lutz
I don't get it.

The Love Triangle


Timeless Characters
 
And above all else . . . Sparkling Vampires

Come on, even I know that's pretty damn gay. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment