Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Con de Replay #2

Story #2: Pictures For You

There are three things you can always count on at Comic Con. 1.) A wide arrangement of costumes, 2.) A sea of people carrying over sized bags, and 3.) People snapping pictures like they're the paparazzi. It's true. Every geek in this joint thinks that they are Peter Parker or Jimmy Olsen and start taking more pictures then an Asian tourist at Disneyland (this comment was approved by Asian friend Desiree Lee). I am here to tell you, my wife is one of those camera wielding Con goers. While the majority of our pictures tend to be scenery (AKA, posters or booths as seen below), we do get some awesome pictures of people that make their way into the memory books.
While we did take a picture on stage at the Iron Man booth, I do not have a copy of it as of yet, and therefore cannot post it for your viewing pleasure. However, witness my Top 15 Pictures of Comic Con 2012.

15.) I caught a guy walking around in a Stormtrooper outfit, complete with kilt. How do you not take a picture with him?
 
 14.) Right after our "photo shoot" we took in our costumes, we ran into the cross-dressed Mario Princesses. These guys were the hit of the con. Practically everyone and their mother stopped these two to take a picture with them. We tried to get a better pic, but this is all we could get.
13.) As we were walking around the exhibit hall, we just happened to walk by the booth that had Ransom Riggs signing autographs. If you have no clue who I am talking about, he wrote Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, one of the top selling young adult fiction books for last year and Tim Burton's new movie project. I stopped off and asked him if I could get a picture with him and he replied, "Only if I can get a picture of you. That's how this works."
12.) As we walked past a booth with the Black Widow on it, Millie wanted to take her picture with it in her "superhero" pose.
11.) Another random author find. We just happened to go past Kevin Hearne's booth and each got his first book personally signed. Pretty awesome.
10.) Right before our photo shoot, I needed to eat something really bad. Lesley thought it was hilarious and had to take a picture of me snacking down with Millie. She called it her "Hero on a Lunch Break."
9.) I had to one up her and get the "Hero on a Potty Break."
8.) Every year I see my wife at comic con, and I always get a picture and a hug.

7.) We were walking outside and we saw several people holding up these huge yellow signs, testifying in the middle of the streets at comic con. Most of the crowd got annoyed or angry, but not yours truly. I took this as a golden opportunity that I couldn't pass it up, and I needed a picture with my favorite one.
 Only thing missing is a guy dressed as Superman walking behind me.
6.) As we were waiting in line to take a freaking epic picture, Glenn Howerton and Rob McElhenney from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia walked right past. I tried to get a picture with him, but unfortunately Jason was at the other line. I tried taking a picture, but this was the best I could get. Still awesome.
5.) The random advertisements were in full affect this year. But what made them awesome was the fact that they were missing posters spread out all over town.
4.) I got a picture while in costume with Doctor Doom. Legen-wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the last word is-dary.
3.) Lesley and I only stalked on person this year. And it was this Iron Man. We sauntered over to him like we were claymation characters and I called out "psssssst. Iron Man. Can we get a picture? We're the rest of your team." The guy laughed and said, "Anything for S.H.I.E.L.D."
2.) As we were walking into the con to get our bags, I looked up fifty feet in the air at the atrium, and look what I found nestled in the shrubbery. It was the second most beautiful thing I saw at the entire con.
1.) This was the first. ;-)

To be fair, this one was Jason's favorite picture of the con. We waited for thirty-five minutes to take a picture with Michonne from The Walking Dead.





No comments:

Post a Comment