Friday, April 6, 2012

Have You Seen My Brother?

I have discovered one of my superhuman powers that I didn't know existed.Before, my mutant abilities consisted of my iron stomach and hitchhiker thumbs. Just last week I discovered a new talent that I posses, the talent to make people believe whatever I want. No joke. I can tell someone the biggest load of crap, and they will buy it like I just handed them the most amazing fact. Don't believe me you say? Alright, how bout this nugget of proof.

I started working another job at a local video game store. While the pay is not the best in the world, I love the people I work with and the jokes that we play are hilarious. Think Empire Records, but with video games. Every now and then I get people who recognize me from my restaurant and vice versa. Usually I take it as a compliment that people remember me from their visit. Yesterday, I took a different approach and decided to take my new power for a test drive. Witness the bullshit artist that is Topher Huckaby.

Woman: (Walking up to the counter, staring at me inquisitively) You look familiar. Have we met before?

Me: Do you live in Moreno Valley?

Woman: Yes I do.

Me: Do you go to (my restaurant)?

Woman: That's it. You were our server.

Me: Actually, that wasn't me. That was my brother.

Woman: (Brow lowered and disbelief in her voice) Really?

Me: Yeah. We are twins, so we get that a lot.

Woman: (Looking at my name tag) But our servers name was Chris too. I remember because my son is named Chris.

Me: (Without missing a beat) We are both named Chris. My parents thought it would be funny, like how George Foreman named all of his children George. But they did it in a way where we didn't have the exact same name. My name is Christopher, my brothers is Christian, and my sister is Christine. But we all go by Chris at work cause it fits better on a name tag.

Woman: (Thinking it over in her head) That's so weird.

Me: (Shrugging my shoulders) So are my parents.

Woman: Well it was nice meeting you . . . Christopher, right?

I don't regret telling this woman a loud of crap. I only regret not thinking of it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment